Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Iron Horn - Monumental - 1st day

Today I got around to mounting the life size foam of "Iron Horn". I placed the platform on my home made, elevated, turn table.

Now once the foam is mounted with it's galvanized pipe support, I find the front of the feet have about a 1 inch space at it's toes.

I duct tape the sides of the feet, to confine the expansion of the foam, that I will inject under the feet.

Final pictures showing the full figure. I've added a photo of the original bronze just so you can compare.

Well that's it till next week, when I get the clay, then I'll be back with the application of the first clay.