Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Iron Horn - Monumental - Cardboard, Foam, and Towel

Started out the day, drawing the outline for the shield, will be mounted on his back, on cardboard. I then cut out the shield and applied clay to the front and back of the cardboard. Tomorrow I'll put detail into it. Feathers will be hanging from the bottom of the shield.


Then I drilled two hole in the butt of the rifle. Then inserted two copper tubes in them and then anchored the tubes. I then drove the tubes into the foam at the waist of the Indian. This will hold the rifle in place. Then I added foam to the arm holding the rifle.


Now I add foam to the right shoulder.


Then to save clay, I dipped a towel into wax and then added it to the back of the Indians head. This will be the base for the hair.

No comments: