Saturday, March 15, 2008


To create the legs and to make them to scale, once again I use the drawing of the horses skeletal structure. I bend a section of copper tubing in half then I put the bent part at a point on the back bone of the horses skeleton. I have to attach the legs to the frame I made before so I leave enough room to tape it with electricians tape to the frame of the horse.
With the plyers I bend the two shoulder and leg halves together. The reason I do them together is so that they come out exactly the same in length and angle.
I will change the angle of the shoulders later when I come up with the action of the horse. One shoulder might be raised while the other might fall back a bite. Depending on the horses movement. Kinda like if I were to do a armature of a man or woman, I would change the angle of the shoulders to match the movement of the person.
Bending two halves of the 1/4 inch copper tubing together is not easy, but it's necessary.

No comments: